Welcome to the Counseling department homepage!
Please do not email emergency or urgent situations with students.
Contact me or another counselor in person.
Call the THS counseling secretary at 720-972-4825 for immediate assistance or the main office.
The Adams 12 Five Star School Counseling program supports the development of the whole child by advocating for academic, social/emotional, career and post-secondary needs and strives to develop life-long learners and productive citizens.
The Adams 12 Five Star School Counseling program works collaboratively with parents, community members and educators to empower every child, regardless of individual differences or obstacles, to ensure all students are prepared for meaningful, productive learning through a data-driven comprehensive K-12 school counseling program.
Counseling Office Hours & Appointment Scheduling Link during Remote Learning:
- Stephanie Wedgewood (A-Ca)
- Elise Hauer (Cb-F)
- Chad Elder (G-Ji)
- Amanda Glazier (Jj-Mc)
- Michelle Laurent (Md-Pe)
- Veronica Vang (Pf-Sh)
- Beth Allen (Si-Z)
Counseling Google Classrooms for Academic, Social Emotional, and College & Career Resources:
Thornton High School Counselors Provide:
Academic Planning & Support
- Academic advisement and consultation
- Curriculum and school wide system planning and support
- Assistance in resolving academic difficulties
- Help with course selection
- Classroom guidance ICAP instruction
- Encouragement and celebration of success
- Personal-Social Counseling & Wellness
Social & Emotional Counseling
- Crisis counseling
- Assistance with school pressures
- Information about the school and community
- Help with interpersonal and communication skills
- Help with peer/family concerns
- Referrals to community agencies
College & Career Planning
- College planning
- Career planning
- Letters of recommendation
- Financial Aid & Scholarships